Natural Skincare Tips For Glowing Skin
How To Fix Soaping Effect In Lotion Making
Soaping Effect happens when your lotion turns into white jelly and draggy emulsion on contact with your skin. It is not fun.
Follow the instruction in this short video to stop it from happening in the future.
Quick Fix To Soaping Effect In Lotionmaking
- Remove Xanthan Gum – It is a major cause of soaping effect in emulsion
- Change your emulsifier – Try vegetal or
- Most Organic Emulsifiers cause soaping effect. A truly natural lotion or cream will soap but when properly done, will not be excessive.
- Use 2% fatty acids like Cetyl Alcohol or Cetearyl Alcohol
- Use Simulgreen 18-2 (INCI: Hydroxystearyl Alcohol and Hydroxystearyl Glucoside) at 3% , 20% caprylic/capric triglyceride and 0.5% Solagum AX.
Olivem 1000 is notorious for causing soaping effect.
Try changing it to another emulsifier apart from Emulsifying Wax
To learn more about lotion making and skincare formulation, subscribe to our YouTube Channel.